Tuesday 2 March 2010

Groin

So after surviving my hard month, I had a little recovery run yesterday (6 miles) with R, under a blue sky and enjoyed a glorious early-Spring day.

But this morning on my walk-run to the station, I pulled up with a sharp pain in my groin (the one that has been troubling me). Not sure if it was triggered my some non-running related movements or a bad night's sleep. But it was definitely the worst I've ever had - far more than the dull ache I've been generally suffering. This felt serious.

So I am going to have a few days of no running - I was not sure what I was going to do this week anyway. And although I love going the track on Wednesdays, this is the session which triggers my groin the most as it is so at my limit.

So no need to panic yet.

The other problem is that it looks like I will have a few very busy weeks ahead, with a fair few stays in London lined up. Some of our contracts have made the national news today and I will need to support the teams on the coming key work over the next few weeks. In a way it will be a chance to reccie some of the route of the VLM!

2 comments:

  1. Paul

    Hopefully the injury isn't too serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you fancy a run in London, Paul, as I'm there most weeks - usually stay Victoria-ish - sure a bit of rest will be fine (and you've plenty of time) - don't do an Andy and try and run too early though!

    ReplyDelete