Thursday 18 March 2010

London Visit

After Monday's tough session, I went out on Tuesday for a little 5 mile recovery run. My legs were incredibly heavy but no real issues with my groin.

Wednesday and Thursday saw me in London again, but luckily it was a great chance to catch up with friend Sam F. His birthday falls on St Pat's day - so it is one birthday I always remember, and I tagged along to his birthday meal. We ate in a rather swish restaurant called The Atrium, just near the Houses of Parliament, and the place was full of MPs and politicos.

Sam recently ran the Bath Half-Marathon with one of his friends, Titus. Titus is also running the VLM for the first time this year, and we had a great chat about training, and in particular dealing with The Wall. My advice to Titus was to be afraid, as he was hoping to avoid it by going at a steady pace throughout - I hope I didn't frighten him too much! He has a steely determination which I'm sure will get him round successfully.

A steady run planned tomorrow, and rest on Saturday in preparation for the Northern 12 Stage relay on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment