Thursday 22 April 2010

Sadness

I've not posted nor ran much for several weeks, but have had lots of texts and emails asking for progress and offering encouragement so thought I'd best post.

The last few weeks have been overshadowed by the loss of my mother, who died on April 9th after battling illness for several months.

But my mother lived a long, happy and fulfilled life. This is perhaps what all of us try to achieve in our own way.

The picture to the right is one taken of her as a young woman of I think 17.

Thanks for all your well wishes for those who have already contacted or sent messages.



But back to the running. I've had a disaster. On the last mile of my last run (Tuesday), I turned my ankle on a raised cobblestone on the canal towpath. The pain was quite intense and I knew immediately I had done some damage.

I've tried to use RICE to reduce the swelling, and am booked to see Ove Indegaard (Physio) tomorrow at 12 to see what the possibility of me getting to the start line are. I'm truly gutted.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about all of that. It would be such a shame if you have to withdraw as well after all the excellent training you've done. Chin up, hope things gets a bit better soon and you'll be starting on Sunday too

    ReplyDelete