Wednesday 21 October 2009

Track Session and great words of wisdom from Pete and Lance

Tough track session tonight.

I haven't ran since the Fell relay as I have had very sore/stiff quads. Thought I might feel fresh for the track but quite the opposite - couldn't quite stay with Dave and Henry on the last 1000m.

But quite a hard session though: 3 x 400m 5 X 1000m 3 X 400m

We ran the first set of 400s in about 1:23 for 400
The middle 1000s in about 3:42s.
The last 400s in about 1:21.

We managed to keep the pace nailed on as we had targetted so a great exercise in pace judgement too.

Garmin details at http://connect.garmin.com/splits/16800385

Chatting with the coach Pete Shields tonight I asked him whether I was going too fast for my long weekend runs (as everyone is telling me). He thankfully said that if it felt ok then I should continue at this pace (7:25 per mile). I'm really pleased with this advice as it feels the right speed to run at. For all my interest in stats and numbers, I also like to run how I feel, and listen to my body.

I've just dug out this LA video from a US Nike advert. One of my favourites.

What are you on ?

No comments:

Post a Comment