Tuesday 24 November 2009

5 months to go!

My countdown timer is telling me that I have just on 5 months to go before the big day in April.

A quick synopsis on some of my current "metrics":

- Speed/fitness - looking ok with two PBs in last fortnight
- Long runs - Ok - up to 21.5 m / and 2hr53min
- Training Regime - so far managing to get enough sessions in. I'd like to do some more cross-training, so could do with getting my bike sorted or getting into a gym once a week
- Illness/injury - Generally ok - just got over a minor cold. Sprained ankle from Lamplugh fully ok. Groin stabilised and getting no worse and not affecting running, just need to be careful at daughter's football training/matches!
- Attitude - Still really keen and enthused. No signs of getting fed up - always up to get out running whenever I can

Today I got off the train at Menston and ran home at a fair pace with a following wind. Not been down "Menston Old Lane" in the dark before so slightly surprised when I realised there was no lighting and I was in pitch darkness. Doh! I like running in the dark though - adds an extra edge to the session although obviously a high risk of tripping and being injured.

Looking forward to getting back on the track tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment