Wednesday 11 November 2009

Wednesday Track - Fast Twitch Hell

After the delights of Sunday's Half, I'd had a few days off running. Not least as I needed to recover. As well as the Half Marathon, it was my littlest's birthday party, and I only just got back in time!

In the evening it was a "earlybird" planning meeting (the cycling group I ride with). We are planning a trip to the Alps next year, but the evening ended up as a beer-fest.

So Monday and Tuesday were well and truly recovery days, although I must admit that my legs felt better than they do after a 21 mile run.

But today was back to it with a bang - back on the track with a tough Pete Shields' session.

It was about speed and fast-twitch training. In my case my fast-twitch muscle fibre has not been used in a long time so wasn't too keen in springing into action.

We did:
5 x 300m, with 100m jog recovery
3 x 500m, with 100m jog recovery
2 x 700m, with 100m jog recovery
4 mins sit down recovery
2 x 300m, with 100m jog recovery
2 x 500m, with 100m jog recovery
1 x 700m.

We were aiming for 50 secs for each 300. For me this was more or less flat out.

Especially after Sunday my legs just didn't have it. But it was a great chance to put some agression into the intervals unlike the weeks of careful pace control.

For the last 150m of each interval we would have Pete driving us on to give it all we had.

By the end of the session we were all absolutely whacked, but everyone finished.

A contingent of the Otley guys are joining us now which is a great bonus as they have some fast people for us to chase and aspire to.

Garmin details:http://connect.garmin.com/activity/18523534

No comments:

Post a Comment