Sunday 22 November 2009

Abbey Dash - PB

Abbey Dash today in blustery but dry condition in Leeds.

Ran 37:43 which is a PB, but maybe 40-60 secs slower than what I hoped for after Lancaster, and also a minute slower than my Lancaster HM time forecasted, so a little disappointed.

Ran the first half in 18:28 (ave 5:57 min/mile, ave HR 178), and second (downhill?) in 19:14 (6:09, ave HR 184).

I was hoping to sustain the pace achieved for the first half throughout but just really struggled over last two miles. Maybe a consequence of feeling under the weather or of too much taper. Or perhaps this is only as fast as I can go?

Garmin Connect Details for Abbey Dash

Still it was a great day for the Harriers with a stream of Red and Green through the field and 10 Harriers finishing under 38 minutes. Also Geoff Howard was 1st V65 and broke a Harriers' club record for that age group.

I've got a few XCs and fell runs over the next few weeks, plus a couple of key long runs planned. At Christmas I hope to have a look and a think about my key training period in Jan/Feb/March.

No comments:

Post a Comment