Sunday 1 November 2009

A weekend off

Haven't run either yesterday or today. The first time with no weekend run for as long as I can remember.

Yesterday was a beautiful Autumnal day, and we had some friends staying for the weekend so we went for a walk round Malham Cove and Gordale Scar. Carrying our 3 wheel buggy up the steps at the side of Malham Cove was quite an effort!

I felt slightly odd seeing climbers tackling the limestone overhangs of the cove. Harder than anything I ever did but did make me want to climb again. One day I'll get back on the rock.

The evening saw lots of food and drink, and lots of Halloween fun with the children, even going for a "midnight" walk under a lovely full moon.



Today, the weather was quite the opposite - heavy rain and gails. My daughter's football match was even cancelled, so it was a quiet day in watching TV and enjoying a big Sunday roast with both families huddled round the table.

Not sure what I'll be doing this week yet for my taper for the Lancasetr HM, but the main thing will be to stop drinking!

I want to make this HM a good one, so will taper well for it. My PB was earlier in the year in Leeds - 1:24:00.

I'm expecting to go faster than this - I'm running better and it is a flatter course.

Another Harrier (Andy W) is running too - he is a little faster than me, but I will try and keep him in sight and have him drag me along. I suspect I will run between 1:22 and 1:23, but would love to go under 1:22.

It would also be great to come home ahead of Andy, and the further target is the 1:21:15 that is the fastest HM time posted by a Harrier this year. We'll see.

Paula Radcliffe failed in her bid to win the NY marathon today. I watched some of the race on-line. She seemed to be suffering from about half-way.

No comments:

Post a Comment