Saturday 21 November 2009

Abbey Dash Eve

I've had a few more easy days. Did a semi-easy track session on Wednesday (2x400m,2x600m,1x800,2x600m,2x400m at around 88s per 400).

Woke up Thursday feeling on the verge of a cold, so had a little 1 mile run to the station to see how it felt. Chose not to run at lunch and had Friday and today off too.

I feel slightly better this evening but in any case will run - will be interesting to stare at my HR output when I'm under the weather. It's only a 10k so shouldn't get any worse which is the main thing.

And I want to come away with a PB as well! Don't think I'll get that close to 36 but would be good to break 37, with my PB at 38:16. It's quite amazing that a year ago I thought I would never get under 40 mins for a 10k and now I feel like I could run that in training for fun.

It should be a good day for Ilkley Harriers as it looks like we will have loads of people out so plenty of "red and green" to wave to on the out and back course.

Also heard that I've got a place in the Calderdale Relay team - leg 6. Looks quite a long one but only one climb to contend with, so should suit my recent training.

No comments:

Post a Comment