Thursday 17 December 2009

Cold Spell

Since Sunday I've been generally trying to ease the stiffness from my calves and the disappointment from my mind with a few easy recovery runs. Both Monday and Tuesday I did a steady 7 miler. Wednesday I missed the track session as I was at the school Carol Concert, and did an easy 5 miles with a single solitary 1/2 mile effort.

Today I got off the train a stop early and ran a couple of miles home. Tomorrow was planned as a rest day (just football coaching in the evening). The whole week has been geared towards another 24 miler on Saturday, but some cold, snowy weather has blown in from the East.

So a mid-winter 24-mile run on the coldest day of the year - can't think many other people preparing for London will be out doing something similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment