Saturday 19 December 2009

Enjoying the Snow!



After a heavy snowfall on Thursday night (well, about 6cm) I woke to this sight on Friday morning. After having a day in the office on Friday sneezing and reaching for the tissues, I decided to have the weekend off.

Friday night was coaching with D's football team, as B's car had broken down in Sheffield.

Saturday was a great day spent with the children - the morning Christmas shopping in Ilkley, and the afternoon wandering round the moor with our three sleds.

Tomorrow is E's birthday, so we are out for a birthday lunch, and more snow is forecast in the afternoon.

I'm completely unconcerned by missing my long run today. It would have been quite dangerous trying to run at pace on icy pavements, and I feel like I'm so far ahead in my training plan that missing this run will not matter. Furthermore, giving my body an easy week is probably required anyway to let a few niggles recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment